From a very young age, Tyler has been interested in creating things. At the age of eight, his parents enrolled him in private art lessons where he learned the fundamentals of drawing and design. Years later he pursued art at the college level, first at Snow College where he received an Associate’s degree, and finished at Utah State University earning a BFA in drawing and painting. Tyler has been the recipient of many awards and scholarships including the George and Marie Eccles Caine Endowment, and the Outstanding Senior Award. In 2015, Tyler was featured by Southwest Art Magazine as one of “21 Under 31: Young Artists to Watch”, and again in 2018 as one of “10 Painters To Buy Now.” Tyler has been a member of the International Guild of Realism and has exhibited his work across the United States and Japan. He currently lives and works in northern Utah.
Leonardo DaVinci once said that “simplicity is the ultimate sophistication”. I have found great inspiration and purpose from observing the simple things in my daily surroundings – particularly those found in nature. My aim as an artist is to pay homage to these creations and to allow the viewer to connect in a new and deeper way to the subject..
- 2019 Third Place Award, Summerfest Plein Air Paint-Out, Logan, UT
- 2016 Winner, For The Love Of Art, Fibonacci Foundation, Salt Lake City, UT
- 2015 Honorable Mention, 30th Annual Spiritual and Religious Show, Springville, UT
- 2015 Honorable Mention, Annual Statewide Competition, ECAC, Ogden, UT
- 2014 Outstanding Senior Award, USU, Logan, UT
- 2008 Prophetic Landscapes, Louisiana College, Pineville, LA
- 2008 Sojourn, Recent paintings, Main Cross Gallery, Lexington, KY